Head and Neck Cancer Care at Nuvance Health: Why Choose Us?
At Nuvance Health, you get more of the services you need closer to home. You have access to sophisticated surgical procedures, including microvascular reconstruction for patients who qualify. Our experience treating a high volume of head and neck cancers improves your chances for good results.
You receive care from trained surgeons who specialize in head and neck cancer. We also explore new head and neck cancer care methods through research, so you have access to new therapies. Find out more about cancer clinical trials and research.
Team Approach to Head and Neck Cancer Care
Nuvance Health’s team approach means you receive coordinated care based on research. Experienced head and neck surgeons work alongside radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, pathologists and radiologists.
You benefit from an approach that also includes additional services for your comfort and peace of mind. Care may include speech and swallow therapy, nutrition support and assistance from social workers. These services are available to you at any point in your care journey.
Advanced Head and Neck Cancer Surgery
Nuvance Health provides sophisticated cancer treatments that may include:
- Oral cavity and jaw tumor surgery: The team includes a doctor with training in head and neck cancer surgery, reconstructive surgery and dentistry. You receive care from surgeons who use leading techniques.
- Facial reconstructive surgery: We use sophisticated surgical techniques not widely available in the region to repair or replace tissue affected by cancer treatment. Get more information about microvascular head and neck reconstructive surgery.
Additional Head and Neck Cancer Treatments We Offer
Your care may also include:
- Focused radiation therapy: We use beams of energy to destroy cancer cells. The technology helps us deliver treatments with a high degree of accuracy while minimizing side effects to nearby healthy tissue. Learn more about radiation therapy.
- Leading medical treatments: You have access to the latest chemotherapy, targeted therapy and immunotherapy options for head and neck cancers. Find out more about chemotherapy and other medical oncology.
- Sophisticated airway procedures: If cancer symptoms or the side effects of treatment make breathing difficult, you may be eligible for surgery. Nuvance Health is home to one of the few care teams in the region specializing in airway problems. Read more about trachea tumors and advanced airway disease.
Head and Neck Cancers We Treat
We treat common and complex cancers affecting the:
- Oral cavity, which includes your mouth, lips, gums, tongue and jaw
- Sinuses, the hollow spaces behind your nose
- Oropharynx, the back of the mouth and top part of your throat that includes the tonsils and tongue base
- Throat and voice box
- Thyroid and parathyroid glands
- Salivary glands
- Skin of the head and face, including melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers Airway (trachea)