Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient ProgramsFind a Behavioral Health Location
Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Programs at Nuvance Health™: Why Choose Us?
For compassionate care and personalized therapy, you can count on us to support your path to recovery. Find intensive outpatient programs at many Nuvance Health hospitals with flexible options to fit your needs and goals. They include:
- Day hospital (intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization)
- Behavioral health intensive outpatient programs
- Dual diagnosis intensive outpatient programs
Treatment by day, home at night
At the Putnam Hospital, Danbury Hospital and Norwalk Hospital locations, eligible patients access partial hospitalization (day hospital) programs. With these offerings, you receive intensive treatment during the day and return home in the evening.
You attend the program 3 to 5 days per week for approximately 3 to 6 weeks, depending on your specific needs. Therapies are primarily in a group setting with a trained specialist and leading techniques. They include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Wellness education
- Crisis planning and social skill building
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
You see a psychiatrist, who adjusts and manages medications. A case manager also closely works with you on aftercare plans and other needs, so you receive coordinated case.
You access a range of different programs at each Nuvance Health hospital, so you get the support you need when you need it. Contact the program(s) directly to learn more about admissions and schedules.
Locations offering partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs include:
Phone: (845) 279-5711, ext. 6443
- Partial hospitalization program. You attend 3 to 5 days weekly, for between 3 to 6 weeks, depending on your specific needs.
Phone: (203) 791-5187
- Intensive outpatient program. You attend Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for about 8 weeks. The program includes bi-weekly medication management meetings with your psychiatrist.
- Dual diagnosis intensive outpatient program. In this program, you focus on gaining and maintaining sobriety and mental stability. The program meets Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. to noon. Psychiatric consultation, medication management and case management are also available.
- Behavioral health intensive outpatient program (BHIOP). You participate in symptom management, stress management and relapse prevention groups. The program meets Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for about 8 weeks. You have bi-weekly medication management meetings with your psychiatrist.
- Dual diagnosis intensive outpatient program. In this program, you focus on gaining and maintain sobriety and mental stability. The program meets Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. to noon. Psychiatric consultation, medication management and case management are available.
- Acute mental health program. The program aims to help you reduce symptoms and explore psychological factors that impact your health. You develop effective coping skills and increase awareness and understanding of your behavioral and mental issues. The program meets 4 days per week for about 3 to 4 weeks. You also receive an assessment and individualized treatment plan.
- Substance abuse intensive outpatient program. This program meets 4 evenings per week to accommodate your work schedule and promote sober living. Specialists use a 12-step and motivational interviewing approach to provide you with support. Services include psychiatric consultation and evaluation, medication management and case management. We also connect you with community resources and self-help groups (e.g., Al-Anon and Narcotics Anonymous), so you stay well.